With IPS4 Group Collaboration, members of your community are able to form their own groups, ranks, memberships and micro communities.
IPS4 Group Collaboration is a perfect solution for many different types of communities i.e. gaming clans, development teams, social groups, client collaboration projects, school clubs, faith groups. This is great for any application where you want to delegate specific features of your IPS Community Suite to individual groups in a controlled manner.
Any group can collaborate to create, maintain, and manage its own content based on what you allow as the site administrator thus encouraging greater interaction within your community. Instantly allow groups to manage their own forums, galleries, calendars, blogs, downloads, databases, and more. You control all the permissions and limits and, as a result, give your members a more organized and customized experience.
- Create any number of categories and subcategories for groups to operate in, and set permissions and limits for groups on a per category basis.
- Move groups in and out of different categories at any time in order to keep your community organized.
- Customize what groups are called on a per category basis.
- Set permissions for each category. This will determine which content types the group can use, how much they can use, what moderation permissions they are allowed within their group, who can view, create, and join groups in the category and more.
- You can configure how many groups an individual member can create or be a member in on a per category basis.
- Configure how many members a group can have total on a per category basis.
- You can configure how many groups members can own and be a part of on a sitewide level on a per member group basis.
- Decide if post counts contribute to the whole site post count or are separate for the group on a per category basis.
- You can create “group models” in each category which act as a base layout and content structure for new groups.
- Use group models automatically, or give new group owners the choice as to which model they want to use.
Group Leaders Capabilities
- Ability for group leaders to create their own roles within the group, assign any of the permissions they’ve been allowed to those roles, and assign roles to other group members.
- Group leaders can set permissions on the content within their group based on the roles that they have created. All permissions for the content type are available.
- Group leaders can decide how they want to manage memberships to their group. Automatically set groups to accept new members, queue members for approval, be invitation only, or closed altogether.
- Group members have their own member titles, ranks, and post counts within each group. These are customizable by group leaders so your community fits your members more accurately.
Features Added in 1.1
- Added built in import utility for rsyvarth social groups 2.x
- Content feeds (widgets, etc) on collab pages will now only show content from that collab
- Content feeds on non-collab pages will only show non-collab content and content the user has access to see in collabs
- Added ability to move/copy non-collab content into collabs
- Ability to extract content from collabs into main site
- New private listing mode for collab categories
- Added featured/latest collabs widgets
- Support for disabling “view other members topics” inside collabs
- Added autofill of member name when inviting to collab
- Collab title in the group header now links to the collab homepage
- Collabs now inherit join mode of models
- Collabs now inherit default member title of models
- Collab stats can be added to collab header via Automation Rules
- Added collab menu manager
- Show collabs and collab categories on forums index
- New widget to show collabs for the currently logged in member
Features Added in 1.2
- Performance options are now available for unread content calculation inside of collaborations
- Create events in collabs directly from the calendar
- Import from social groups has improved accuracy
Group Collaboration Expansions
We encourage the IPS Community to build extensions to our software so we can continue to expand its capabilities. Here are the current expansions for IPS4 Group Collaboration:
For other similar Miller Media plugins like IPS4 Group Collaboration, visit the IPS4 Plugins page here in order to take your IPS4 community site to the next level:
Invision Community Plugins